Training Sessions for Teachers and TAs
PA Induction: Phonics and KS1 Reading
This intensive half day course will look at supporting teachers and teaching assistants to achieve excellence in teaching early reading through systematic synthetic phonics. It will look at how to plan for the teaching of synthetic phonics and the importance of developing a love of reading, alongside the teaching of key reading strategies.
- To consider the principles underpinning phonics teaching
- To consider how to plan for the teaching of early reading
- To develop confidence in the sound through enhanced subject knowledge
- To look at developing key reading strategied to support with comprehension
The second part of the session will consider how effective marking and feedback will impact on outcomes for pupils. It will look at the teaching, learning and assessmnet policy and share examples of good practice in children's books.
- Addressing understanding and misconceptions as part of the teaching cycle
- The impact of on the spot feedback
- Peer and self assessment as powerful tools
- Springfield Community Primary School, N16 6DH
- £148 per person
Early Phonemic Awareness in Nursery (3 parts).
This course takes place over three sessions and looks at the learning and preparation needed for children to acquire a secure base on which to build phonological skills. The sessions are suitable for Nursery Class Teachers and Literacy Leads.Through practical activities and exploration of key resources the sessions will provide an opportunity to discuss practice with other professionals, looking in depth at key strategies for the teaching of early reading skills. At the end of the three sessions a firm understanding of the sequence and progression in Nursery will be shared.
- Evaluation of progress and effectiveness of current provision
- Confidence to identify next steps to develop a consistent and effective approach to the teching of reading
- Understanding stages for pre phonemic development
- Identification of strategies to embed phonics through the Nursery Day
- Understand Phase 1 phonics programme
- £92 per person ( for all 3 sessions)
Wed Feb 2019
Reading: Early Phonemic Awareness in Nursery (3 Parts)
16:00 - 17:00
To find out more about accessing our professional learning email us on firstname.lastname@example.org