Maths Conference: 31st January 2018
We are looking forward to hosting our annual maths conference where we will be inviting external key note speakers to share their expertise with all our PA maths schools. Speakers will lead the morning and the afternoon will consist of a series of hands-on break out workshops focusing on stretch and challenge. These will be led by our key note speakers, specialist leaders of education and excellent classroom practitioners. The conference will provide opportunities for practitioners to learn from each other and improve maths provision even further in their schools. It is also an opportunity for maths leaders, lead practitioners and class teachers to work together to share practice and consider ways that the school maths experience can both inspire and motivate all learners. The day will look to explore some of the following key questions:
· How can I enable all learners to be challenged?
· What does maths at greater depth look like?
· How can I ensure real life links are embedded throughout?
· How do I develop independent, resilient learners?
· Where does reasoning mathematically fit in?