The Primary Fundamentals
The Fundamentals model
The Fundamentals have been developed to embody the core principles set out by the DfE and provide a model that can equip schools to successfully assess children beyond levels and record progress from the Reception baseline to Year 6. The fundamentals are based upon the National Curriculum statutory outcomes for Year 2, 4, 6 and advised outcomes for 1, 3, 5. Therefore in each year and core subject there is a clear assessment criteria.
There is an individual tracking tool for reading, writing and maths which enables teachers and leaders to track progress from Year 1 to Year 6. In each subject and in each year there are a set of clear objectives that a child must learn to be ready to access the next year of study. Further, the objectives have been deliberately presented within circles to highlight the cycles of learning and move away from a purely linear view of learning and progression. Our mastery model is based upon consolidation, revisiting and expansion of skills and knowledge.
With the exception of children with complex SEND needs, it is our ambition and belief that all children should achieve all of the objectives within each year and subject: therefore securing the fundamentals.
The Primary Fundamentals online tracking tool
Primary Advantage have commissioned the building of an online tracker that includes the features offered by commercial providers. It is designed directly in line with our Fundamentals approach to assessment and as a result is built on strong pedagogical foundations. We are inviting schools to take part in a pilot programme for one year which gives schools the tracker at no cost, with subsidised costs for CPD and online support. After one year, schools can choose to subscribe to the annual primary fundamentals membership.
- Track attainment and progress of pupils within year groups and across key stages
- Set targets for all pupils
- Assess against end of year objectives
- Track against end of year expectations using a secure fit approach
- Analyse the % of children who are on track, not on track and on track for greater depth
- Conduct a detailed gap analysis for each core subject area
- Close the gap through the tracking of PPG, SEND, Gender and groups specific to your school context
- Generate data walls and key attainment graphs automatically using data analysis and reporting tools
- Access Multi– school tracker feature– to compare data across groups of schools across Partnerships, Federations or Trusts
Data Wall 1
On Track graph
Score Distribution graph
To find out how to become a pilot school email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4th January 2016 - Securing Deep Learning
3rd September 2015 - The Fundamentals