Committed to providing good quality education to the wider school community
We are a group of schools working together because we believe our schools can gain many benefits from working collaboratively. We have made a commitment to a shared responsibility to the wider school community, the provision of good quality education and the improvement of life chances for pupils in the community beyond that of our own schools. Teachers, support staff, school leaders and governors have added expertise in working alongside colleagues to improve provision and outcomes for our pupils.
Primary Advantage Journey
St John and St James opened as a Fresh Start School in Sept 2000. The Governors and School Leadership team were committed to ensuring long term, stable, good quality provision for children in our community. We succeeded in our aims to broaden horizons, impact on barriers to learning and secure good outcomes for children, equipping them for the next stage in their educational journey.
St John and St James joined a collaborative partnership with Holy Trinity when the school went into special measures and formed a Hard Federation in Sept 2006. At that time, the joint Governing Body made a commitment to a shared responsibility to the wider school community, the provision of good quality education and the improvement of life chances for pupils in the community beyond that of our own school. We have lived out that vision since 2003 through our partnership work with other schools. The five school Hard Federation started formally in Sept 2011 following a period of partnership with each school. After working in a partnership, Morningside Primary School joined the federation in September 2013, with Gainsborough Primary School and De Beauvoir Primary School joining in April 2017. Our eight school federation now has considerable experience of working in partnership with schools in challenging circumstances to secure rapid and sustainable school improvement. Teachers, support staff, school leaders and Governors have added expertise in working alongside colleagues to improve provision and outcomes for pupils. The Federation has three National Support Schools and three National Leaders in Education.
Every teacher is a great teacher; every school is a great school. We aim to move incrementally towards excellence in all aspects of our work.
All pupils will make good or better progress and will be properly equipped for the next stage of their schooling.
Learning environments are of high quality where pupils feel safe and secure, known and valued and motivated to learn.
Curriculum provision is bespoke, broadens horizons and inspires our pupils to become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
Our learning community provides opportunities for growth for pupils, staff and families.
- We believe passionately in improving the life chances for all our pupils.
- We have the highest possible standards and will use our resources and expertise to unlock learning in all its facets for all our children. No barrier is too great; no learning is left behind.
- Skilled teachers use the most effective teaching methods to motivate learners and raise aspirations.
- Our schools are special places to work. We want to attract and retain staff at all levels that are willing to think flexibly, work with rigour and precision and go the extra mile.
- We work in partnership, pooling our expertise and resources in order to achieve collectively what we may not be able to achieve individually.
- We promote collaborative approach whilist developing the capacity of each school to serve its own community and retain its distinct identity.
- We have developed approaches which we know make the most significant impact on pupil outcomes. These are well considered systems, approaches or policies which can be implemented in a range of settings with the appropriate levels of support.
- Our leadership structure aims to make the most of our shared resources, maintain high expectations and secure high standards.
- We build leadership sustainability by spotting talent and creating opportunities for staff at all levels to receive high quality training and leadership experiences.
- We recognise the importance of individuality, spontaneity and creativity in developing innovation.
- We seek to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of each school by capitalising on centralised services and sharing systems and procedures.
- Through the work of our Teaching Schools we are able to offer excellent professional development for current practitioners, leaders and future recruits to the profession.
- Teachers have many opportunities for professional growth through our development and masters programmes.
- Staff, pupils and families have opportunities for growth through links with our partners, schools and a wide range of enrichment activities.